Thursday, February 3, 2011

Hello There!

Hey Everyone!
I haven't posted much on this blog because it was more of a mess around and experiment blog that I could use. However, I've done a bit of lab testing and now I'm going to turn it into my own little....well, blog!

Tonight our Apologetics club is meeting so I'm making a no bake bar to take. I found the recipe on the "All Recipes" website. Here is the Recipe

Ingredients

  • 1 cup butter
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 3 cups quick cooking oats
  • 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter

Directions

  1. Grease a 9x9 inch square pan.
  2. Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar and vanilla. Mix in the oats. Cook over low heat 2 to 3 minutes, or until ingredients are well blended. Press half of mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan. Reserve the other half for topping.
  3. Meanwhile, melt chocolate chips and peanut butter in a small heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring frequently until smooth. Pour the chocolate mixture over the crust in the pan, and spread evenly with a knife or the back of a spoon.
  4. Crumble the remaining oat mixture over the chocolate layer, pressing in gently. Cover, and refrigerate 2 to 3 hours or overnight. Bring to room temperature before cutting into bars.


Its my first time making them and right now I'm waiting to get chocolate chips (as a hint its always good to make sure you have all the ingredients before you jump into a recipe....I unfortunately did not follow it this time) so we'll see how they turn out. Anyway, I'm off for now so I'll hopefully see you next time I post.

-Hosanna

p.s. As you can see I redesigned the blog a wee bit. What do you all think?

4 comments:

  1. Those are so so fun to make! Haley and I love making "no bake" cookies!
    As a side note... I just did that the other day. I was making bread and it ended up that we only had about half the flour I needed. :P

    Anyway, sometimes I don't think I'll ever learn my lesson about checking for ingredients BEFORE starting a recipe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, I love baking/cooking with friends. In my opinion it can be one of the best past times. Hehe, and get pretty hilarious too!

    Ooh, do you think I could get your bread recipe? I can still taste the bread your grandpa sent with you and boy was it good!!!

    Haha, and me too! Poor mom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes. Making breakfast/lunch at your house a couple weeks ago was really fun too... :)

    Okay, the bread is really really easy to make.

    It makes 3 1 1/2 lb. loaves.

    3 c. lukewarm water
    1 1/2 tbls. granulated yeast
    1 1/2 tbls. Kosher salt
    2 tbls. sugar
    1/2 c. butter
    7 c. flour
    butter for greasing pan

    Mix the yeast, salt, sugar, and melted butter with water.

    Mix in the flour without kneading, using a spoon, food processor, or mixer with a dough hook.

    Cover (not airtight) and rest at room temperature utnil the dough rises and collapses.

    You can use the dough immediately or save in the fridge for up to seven days.

    (lightly) grease a 9x4x3 inch nonstick loaf pan. Stretch a 1 1/2 lb. piece of dough around the bottom on all four sides, rotating the ball as you go. Elongate the ball into an oval.

    Place the dough in prepared pan. Allow the dough to rest 1 hr. 40 min. if it's 'older' dough, or if you're using fresh, unrefrigerated dough then just 40 min. Dust loaf with flour, slash the top using the tip of a knife, and brush the top with melted butter. Twenty min. before baking, preheat oven to 350. Bake for 45 min.

    Enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks a bunch, I'm gonna try it out tonight if I can.

    ReplyDelete